• Advertisement

5-Minute Fire Starter

Preparedness General Discussion

Moderator: medic94

5-Minute Fire Starter

Postby LetsPrep11 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Just picked up a new item for the Dollar Tree, Cricket 5-Minute Fire Starter. There are 20 starters in the box. Each burns for 5-6 minutes (even in wet conditions) and you don't need matches. The box of 20 is $1 at the dollar tree. Sounded like a great item for the BOBs.

http://cricketusa.net/products/5-minute-firestarter/
LetsPrep11

Re: 5-Minute Fire Starter

Postby Oldrek » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:41 pm

Nice! I'll have to keep an eye out for these. Of course I'm sure they are banned here in Clownifornia.

Thanks for the link and info.

Oldrek
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." — Theodore Roosevelt

“Never confuse Motion with Action.” ― Benjamin Franklin
Oldrek

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm

lol... They smoked out SHOT Show this year with these ones....Waterproof version.

I dont care who you are, That's funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCqx90BG9XM

The JUMBO one burns for 15 min....Dont really see a use for that one especially for use in a BOB.

~D

In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby Oldrek » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:04 pm

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:lol... I dont care who you are, That's funny!

:rofl: Indeed it is! :rofl:

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:The JUMBO one burns for 15 min....Dont really see a use for that one especially for use in a BOB.

~D

Definitely have to agree with that. Overkill for a BOB. Thanks for the URL,

Oldrek

Oldrek

Postby ForwardPreppers » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Thanks for the info. Will stop by Dollar General the next time we are in town. The video was funny.

FP
When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment… or the moment defines you.
ForwardPreppers
South Carolina State Moderator
South Carolina State Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:48 pm

I got them! Saw them a couple of weeks ago and picked one up to try. I've been too busy to do that yet, though. We need to do a fire-test and post the results!
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ajax727 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Well heck one more thing I have got to buy and try . Thanks for the info .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby rickdun » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 pm

LetsPrep11 wrote:Just picked up a new item for the Dollar Tree, Cricket 5-Minute Fire Starter. There are 20 starters in the box. Each burns for 5-6 minutes (even in wet conditions) and you don't need matches. The box of 20 is $1 at the dollar tree. Sounded like a great item for the BOBs.

Well LetsPrep11, you got me in trouble, twice, with these fire starters. Once with a state trooper, because I just had to try one in the parking lot outside of dollar tree. He actually liked them and went into the store a bought some.

The second time you got me in trouble was with the wife, 'cause I bought 10 boxes of them, she'll get over it.

A good product, thumbs up. :thumbup:
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:48 pm

rickdun wrote:
LetsPrep11 wrote:Just picked up a new item for the Dollar Tree, Cricket 5-Minute Fire Starter. There are 20 starters in the box. Each burns for 5-6 minutes (even in wet conditions) and you don't need matches. The box of 20 is $1 at the dollar tree. Sounded like a great item for the BOBs.

Well LetsPrep11, you got me in trouble, twice, with these fire starters. Once with a state trooper, because I just had to try one in the parking lot outside of dollar tree. He actually liked them and went into the store a bought some.

The second time you got me in trouble was with the wife, 'cause I bought 10 boxes of them, she'll get over it.

A good product, thumbs up. :thumbup:

That's it. Still haven't been able to try the ones I bought. But if you are giving them a :thumbsup: , that's good enough for me. Need to shopping tomorrow, so will get as many as I can then. :ninja:
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby LetsPrep11 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Rickdun, just picturing the State Trooper encounter has me cracking up. And he just had to go get some himself. Thanks for the good laugh! :clap: :clap:

If you want to get out of trouble with your wife, send her to the Dollar Tree to pick up something (anything). I guarantee there isn't a woman alive who can come out of there with less than 2 bags full of stuff! "But honey, they were such a good deal that I couldn't pass them up."

To those who didn't find these in their store, try another Dollar Tree. There's one every 5 miles or so, here in Florida. It normally takes visits to 3 stores to find everything I have on my list. I'm beginning to suspect that they scatter the inventory like that on purpose.
LetsPrep11

Postby IceFire » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:30 pm

LetsPrep11 wrote:If you want to get out of trouble with your wife, send her to the Dollar Tree to pick up something (anything). I guarantee there isn't a woman alive who can come out of there with less than 2 bags full of stuff! "But honey, they were such a good deal that I couldn't pass them up."

You're wrong! I can go in, and come out with NOTHING! I seldom even go there unless I'm looking for something specific. Then again, I'm not the "typical woman...I do more of my shopping at the hardware, home improvement, or feed stores than anywhere else (even for clothes.) That, and I try to avoid the mall like the plague!
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby LetsPrep11 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:19 am

What's a mall :?

Ice, there are always exceptions! Don't worry, I'm not normal either! :crazy: We're special.
LetsPrep11

Postby Oldrek » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:17 am

IceFire wrote:
LetsPrep11 wrote:If you want to get out of trouble with your wife, send her to the Dollar Tree to pick up something (anything). I guarantee there isn't a woman alive who can come out of there with less than 2 bags full of stuff! "But honey, they were such a good deal that I couldn't pass them up."

You're wrong! I can go in, and come out with NOTHING! I seldom even go there unless I'm looking for something specific. Then again, I'm not the "typical woman...I do more of my shopping at the hardware, home improvement, or feed stores than anywhere else (even for clothes.) That, and I try to avoid the mall like the plague!

OK, I've got to weigh in here too. My wife is the same way Ice. I handed her a $50 to buy something nice while I went on a fishing trip before we got married. I came back 3 days later and she handed it back. She told me "I couldn't find anything I needed". One of the reasons I married her. :D

Oldrek

Oldrek

Postby rickdun » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:17 am

Here's a video on the fire starter, it's a poor video:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sear ... tion=click

I had to check the net (amazon) and see if they had them, they do, but are $10.00 a box.

LetPrep11, the state trooper went to school with my son, I've known the guy since he was in diapers, that's about 43 years.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun

Postby IceFire » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Oldrek wrote:
IceFire wrote:

OK, I've got to weigh in here too. My wife is the same way Ice. I handed her a $50 to buy something nice while I went on a fishing trip before we got married. I came back 3 days later and she handed it back. She told me "I couldn't find anything I needed". One of the reasons I married her. :D

Oldrek

Yep, my usual purchases tend to run to hay, grains (oats, wheat, milo, and sunflower seed) chicken feed, livestock, poultry, and bees.....
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to General Preparedness Discussion