Bow for a beginner.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi, not sure if this is the place for the question. But I’m not asking about hunting exactly since I don’t hunt.

Anyway, I would like to learn about hunting. I’m currently a vegetarian but if SHTF then I recognize the possible need to adapt eating accordingly to allow the best chance for survival. Therefore I’m interested in hunting, bows, and butchering.

I want to get a bow to start out with and I know very little about archery. I weigh about 134-140 pounds , 5’9″ with a pretty good arm span. I was told by one guy I worked with that I should start out with a compound bow and those are kind of pricey for a beginner. Another guy suggested I buy a recurve bow and once I get good at that then I should upgrade to a compound bow.

I’m thinking about getting a recurve bow. It sounds like more my speed at this point , but does anybody know what brand I should get? I live out in the country and have nobody to teach me but the few people I’ve spoken with have mostly taught themselves and say such a thing is possible.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum