Hello From Illinois

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself Hello From Illinois

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    cdj_61

Hello, all. My name is Colin, and I live in Southern Illinois. I work as a police officer and firearms instructor, and write science fiction/horror novels in my spare time (one novel published so far). I served with the 101st Airborne Division in the 1980s, and was fortunate to attend a great many survival-oriented schools and classes.

My family and I are very concerned about the economy, and the state of the nation in general. I personally believe we’re on “borrowed time” as far as social stability and financial solvency in the US is concerned. My family and I have been doing a lot of work on our house, trying to make it more energy efficient and livable under adverse conditions. Also, we’ve been stockpiling food and supplies – not a huge amount, mind you; we’re hardly building a bunker. But our goal in 2010 is to set back at least six months worth of food and household supplies.

I look forward to learning from others here. In particular, I’m interested in the ins-and-outs of subjects like gardening, home canning, and alternative heating (currently, we have a gas furnace, and are considering installing an outside wood-burning furnace). In return, I can share my expertise in various areas such as firearms, home security and defense, construction, plumbing (a new skill I’ve quickly had to pick up), and others.

Again, a pleasure to meet you all.

-Colin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum