Knife sharpener

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tigger2

When I was younger, we didn’t have the diamond knife sharpeners. If they were out there, I didn’t know and probably couldn’t have afforded one anyway. We used to use what we call an oil stone. You use a light weight oil on the stone for lubrication. I used to spend hours with those stones. This what I have got now.

It has diamond blades set at an angle. Usually 10 passes of the blade through the the diamonds will sharpen most any knife. I bought this sharpener almost 10 years ago. It costs about $10.00. The blades are reversible. I used the same side for about 8 years. I finally had to turn the diamonds over about a year ago. This sharpener is wonderful.
    I got another set of diamonds for when i wear this side out. This thing will sharpen pocket knives, hunting knives. I have even sharpened a machete with it. You don’t have to use any lubrication with it. It is very light weight and will easily fit in a tackle box or back pack. My days of using those oil stones are over.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004VWKQ?ie=UTF8&tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=4472605059&ref=pd_sl%5F19ewz1j736%5Fb” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum