Pennsylvania preppers sound off!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Yankee

Union County here.
    Have several weeks supply of food. This year I’ve started adding home comfort type things. Like toilet supplies, hygiene items, plus rotating larger quantities of water, etc. Have had small gardens in years past, this year I plan a more extensive adventure in that area.
    Being in a healthcare leadership role, I’ve completed FEMA 100HCb, 200HCa, 700a, and 800b courses.

xXx
    Participant

Beaver County checking in.

rey

Hi. rey from the Pittsburgh area. I’ve been prepping since 1982, simply because the only promises I made to my wife were that I would never be mean to her and she would never go hungry and I never broke my word in my life. It’s worked for 47 years.

sammie

Checking in from Chester County. Garden going in when mother nature says ok. Defense to some degree. Stocking up always on can goods. Specializing in ‘natural medicinals’ in case medical help unavailable. Have to fill water barrels!

Sammie

Pittsburgh, Allegheny County here. I’ve been prepping for about four years, give or take. As one of my friends likes to say, “It sucks being paranoid and poor,” So, I’m not as far along as I would like to be.

Food – I have about 2 months worth of food stashed away. It’s a combination of MRE’s and food from Wise Foods, which is compact and comes in stackable buckets.

Water – 4 cases of bottled water

Guns – Enough

Liquor – 6 bottles of vodka and rum. Sounds weird, but I was reading about the aftermath of Katrina. In a situation where money loses almost all value, liquor becomes a valuable commodity.

On a side note, anyone in the Pittsburgh area that finds a good deal on food stuffs, etc, share! The Pittsburgh Asian Center in Wilkinsburg has 25 pound bags of rice for $15!

My favorite yoga position: Downward Facing Dog Nap :sleep:

I’m prepared for months! Best wishes.

Pigsflydeb

I believe the more people around us that we convince to be ready, the better off we ALL are, since when ‘they’ freak out…perhaps ”they’ will be far far away from ‘us’. So, I stock food, ammo, protection, and teach and learn as much as possible about survival…and why we should want to for that matter!
    I was never one to ‘give up’, and I hope I can spread that strength no matter what happens. Bravo to all of you trying to hang in there in a very catastrophic world. I wish all of you well, luck in surviving, and prayers for our kids! D :clap:

dgem

New Member Lancaster Home based :thumbup:

ewalko

New member from Greene Co. PA checking in.

Y2KNOWAY

:clap: Welcome dgem! I am also in Lancaster County. 😀 There is at least one other person too.

merc2kus

well, better late than never i guess. mercer co. checking in. have been working on canning skills, just got a nice dehydrator today and cant wait to start using it. have nearly completed the cold celler and am currently selecting my fruit trees & planning the layout for my property. am looking to have a chicken coop up shortly and maybe even a green house.

i can sometime lose focus. we are at a point where i/we cannot afford to not be focused. every dollar must be well spent, every minute the same.

yaHalyna

@merc2kus wrote:

well, better late than never i guess. mercer co. checking in. have been working on canning skills, just got a nice dehydrator today and cant wait to start using it. have nearly completed the cold celler and am currently selecting my fruit trees & planning the layout for my property. am looking to have a chicken coop up shortly and maybe even a green house.

i can sometime lose focus. we are at a point where i/we cannot afford to not be focused. every dollar must be well spent, every minute the same.

I’m in Beaver County: We’re pretty close. And I’m always running up thru Mercer to Erie.
    I too have been canning, have a dehydrator but haven’t had anything to dry yet. Lucky you for the chicken coop — I’m in town and would like to plan for one when SHIF and then fight with the city over permission to keep it.
    Reason for this post: I too thought about a greenhouse. Did you see the one Harbor Freight has for only $100. 6’x6′ – a good starting size, on sale.

trueblue

Food storage almost complete for 1 year supply. Ammo about 1/2 accumulated. Working on power issues and appropriate amount of long-term water supply. Manure on the garden, beginning to spray the orchard. Looking for more canning jars. Family up to date on current events. 🙂

Any suggestions welcome.

bobpick

I did a 10 minute presentation at work about my Get Home Bag, using the Japan EQ as a basis. “Where is your husband? Where are your children at? Can you get home to them safely?”

Worked like a charm. I made them think.

ReadyMom

:thumbsup: @bobpick wrote:

I did a 10 minute presentation at work about my Get Home Bag, using the Japan EQ as a basis. “Where is your husband? Where are your children at? Can you get home to them safely?”

Worked like a charm. I made them think.

:thumbsup: Nice! That’s where it starts. Are you planning on doing more? Can you share a bit of how you got to get that opportunity? -k

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum